Howdy folks, thanks for stopping by. This will be an ongoing effort to keep an up to date listing of places I have stopped for overnights. In order to make it more usable, I will be using labels for the posts and will enable searching by label. Labels I intend to use are for: State, County, Vault(if it has), Primitive (if no facilities at all), Water (if near enough to walk to), Noise level, Pet friendly, Fishing, Hiking, Road condition. If I think of more that are needed, will add them at that time :)

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Strawberry camp, North of Payson Az




just north of Strawberry Az, pulled off on a forest road and spent a couple weeks there pretty much undisturbed by others.

No facilities, a pure dry camp, was low 90's during the hottest part of the summer days, and the nights were very comfortable. I was close enough to the highway that I would sometimes hear traffic, but overall it was quite comfortable. Plenty of forage for firewood, no mosquitoes, good sun for the solar panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment