Howdy folks, thanks for stopping by. This will be an ongoing effort to keep an up to date listing of places I have stopped for overnights. In order to make it more usable, I will be using labels for the posts and will enable searching by label. Labels I intend to use are for: State, County, Vault(if it has), Primitive (if no facilities at all), Water (if near enough to walk to), Noise level, Pet friendly, Fishing, Hiking, Road condition. If I think of more that are needed, will add them at that time :)

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Rim Camp, FR 171


As you go up the Mogollon rim, there is a visitor center on the South side of the road, Right next to that (same turnoff) is Forest road 171, initially, there are day use sites that look out over the rim, but as you go further down the road you will see campsites.. At the turnoff to the visitor center, there is a vault toilet, but the sites are far enough down the road that you probably wont want to walk back to them often.

I enjoyed the sites, they were very large and relatively isolated from the other sites nearby, but being at the edge area of a large cliff made it very windy! I only stayed a couple days because of that. There were trails through the area, and I probably will go back, I just need to not expect to have my tarps set up!! unsure if I have pics, will try to find them later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment